Monday, September 13, 2010

Featured member Monday!!!

Here we are again for another Monday of sharing one of our fabulous members work!!
Hope you'll take a minute and get to know COLLETTE a bit better!!

Short biography—
My name is Collette and I’m married with one teenage daughter. I’m currently in school to pursue my 2nd career - Nursing. Hoping that I get into the Nursing program for January. I also love to coach recreational cheerleading. This year, I’m coaching our Varsity, 7th & 8th grade girls. My daughter is in high school and pursuing volleyball, so I need to keep my fingers in the pot. I so enjoy watching the young girls grow and learn new experiences.



How long have you been paper crafting?
I’ve been stamping/scrap booking for about 10 years now. I first got started with Stampin’ Up - which I still thoroughly enjoy. I’ve only recently gotten into Digital image stamping and coloring with Copics. In the last 4 months, I’ve grown my Copic stash and even became Certified at CHA last month.




How did you get started in paper crafting?
Went to a Stampin’ Up party - the rest is history. I actually was a Creative Memories consultant for about 2 years. I gave that up because of the limitations placed on only using their products. I CAN’T not use all that other cool stuff out there, right? I do still enjoy many of their products, however.




What crafting item can you not live without?
I DO so love my Tombow monoadhesive tape runners. Have tried many other adhesives, but that’s a staple I usually try to stock up on.




What is your favorite paper crafting company?
I have to say I’m still a die-hard Stampin’ Up fan, but love many of the other companies out there. I’m a Designer Paper junkie - lean more towards the vintage, 30’s and smaller, more delicate patterns. Basic Grey, October Afternoon are among my many favorites.
As for images, I love anything from Elisabeth Bell, Magnolia images, Lili of the Valley (out of the United Kingdom), Tiffany Doodles, and of course, Tracey Malnofski’s images from The Stamping Boutique. Nearly every time I see a new one, I’m off to the store to buy it.




What is your favorite coloring medium?
Currently, Copics are my favorite … ashamed to admit that I stopped counting at 170. I also enjoy coloring with Prismacolor pencils & Gamsol as well as traditional water coloring.




Do you have any other hobbies?



I also enjoy reading, watching “period” movies (Jane Austen, et al), quilting, crocheting, sewing, jewelry-making, drawing. I can’t sit in front of the tv without SOMETHING to occupy my hands.
Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself?
While I love all kinds of different things on my cards & scrap booking, I’m more of a flat designer - I don’t like too much bulk, either in mailing or in my books. I’m also a glitter-phobe, so Stickles are a good friend (glitter encased in the glue, yes!).



Here are some of Collette's recent works --








Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: