Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Featured Member - Heather Dennis

Welcome to our first Featured Member of the new year. I am so excited to introduce you to Heather Dennis. She is one of the kindest and sweetest ladies I have met in my life!!


Here's a bit more about Heather --


I am an almost 32 year old stay at home homeschooling mom of two. I have been married for 12 ½ years, have an almost 9 year old daughter and a 6 year old son. I have been drawing since I was born, pretty much. When I started my venture in homeschooling, I got very stressed and started to feel I was losing myself. I found paper crafting (and coffee) and life got better. That was just the release I needed!!! Art and coffee! After a while I wanted to start drawing again, and then was introduced to digital stamps. I started my business around August 2009 and just opened my own online shop in October of 2010. (Added by me -- Heather's store is Fresh Brewed Designs - check it out!! )

How long have you been paper crafting?
I started making cards and paper crafting in early 2007. I started my blog in June of 2008

How did you get started in paper crafting?
Oh I can’t remember? I just thought one day to make a card….and it was TERRIBLE… but I was forever hooked. I found some groups in a place called CafĂ© Mom, met some wonderful friends, grew a little then started my blog… the rest is history

What crafting item can you not live without?
Paper? What would this craft be without paper? J and all things shimmery … and my paper trimmer. I am not at all indecisive!!! ;)

What is your favorite paper crafting company?
I use a lot of American Craft Papers, but there are SO many wonderful companies out there. It would be impossible to choose a favorite! I also love Papertrey Inc. basic white cardstock. It is so thick and lovely!

What is your favorite coloring medium?
Prismacolor Markers, and my Bic markers

Do you have any other hobbies?
I love to cook. I also paint birdhouses, ornaments and other things like that from time to time.

Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself?
Oh… well, you already know everything about me if you have seen my posts here. I am pretty open to share everything about myself. I sing with my husband at church on the praise team. He plays the guitar too. I am a homebody and I can usually be found here… cooking, cleaning, teaching the kids, stopping fights and so on. I do not have many friends here, but am so blessed with wonderful online friends. God always places people in your life and reaches out to you in ways you could never expect or imagine. He has blessed me daily with my online friends and I thank him daily for each and every one of them. It really amazes me when I sit back and think about it. God is so good.



Now check out just a few of Heather's fabulous creations. You can find more inspiration on her blog -- Heather's Coffee Break.







Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on being featured Heather! I enjoyed reading your bio!

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats on your feature. It's nice to get to know a little more about you.

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

What a great choice for a Feature this month!!
Heather's Group on the Latte Lounge has been one of the most active this month, so it's good to learn more about her!!

Love you, "Der"! (-:

Shazza said...

Hi heather, nice to find out a bit more about you x