Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Featured Member - Michelle Single!!!

I'm super excited to introduce this week's Featured Member. Michelle has jumped right in to all the activities. Let me tell you her fun comments and attitude has been such a wonderful addition. Now I'd like to let you meet her-


Short Bio
My husband and I are MEGA Starbucks addicts - our Pug is named Latte, and we even went there following our wedding ceremony on the way to the reception. Talk about some crazy looks! A German Shepherd Dog named Gandolf (Gandy for short) rounds out our household. Last month, I was medically discharged from the Army Reserves for other injuries I had sustained, and now I have time to pursue some FUN things. I work full time, and stamping still helps me stay sane (well, as sane as I can get). Like all Soldiers, I'm not that great at talking about myself.
How long have you been paper crafting?

How did you get started in paper crafting?At the suggestion of a fellow Soldier, I began stamping in 2005 as a way to reduce stress and combat the PTSD that was plaguing my very being following a two-year deployment to the Middle East with the US Army (it works!!!). Like everyone, I started with Stampin' Up! and have been a hobby demo for them on and off since 2005. Last year, I felt like I was in a rut with Stampin' Up! and began branching out to other stamp companies, and at CHA in 2010, I began dabbling with Copic markers (oh man!). I heard the woes of what printer ink could do to the Copics, so I was very timid to use digital stamps. I accidentally bought two of one Copic color, so I thought I would have a go at it. And low and behold, my printer ink works just fine.

What crafting item can you not live without?My big shot, crop-dile, and Copics/Spicas (assuming I get paper, adhesive, ink, stamps, and a printer for my digi stamps)

What is your favorite paper crafting company? That changes frequently. I used to be a Stampin' Up! Demo, so I am just now branching out to others. I still love SU's colors and coordination, but right now, I'm stuck on Taylored Expressions and My Favorite Things. I love Jessica Sprague, as well, for her wonderful, easy to use, Photoshop classes.

What is your favorite coloring medium?
I love to color with Copics thanks to Nancy McKinny, who opened my eyes and emptied by wallet. I also like to color in Photoshop. With all the digital stamps and paper, you make some really cool things without even touching adhesive.

Do you have any other hobbies?I dabble in photography, and love love love taking pictures. I also volunteer with the Northern Illinois Pug Rescue. I'm an IT geek by profession, which always translates into a hobby. I love gadgets and toys. I'm an iPad addict! This is being typed on my iPad, actually. :)

Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself? I am a proud mom of 2 furry kids - Gandolf "Gandy" the German Shepherd, and Latte "Stinky Doggie" the Pug.

Here are some of Michelle's fabulous creations --







I hope you'll stop by Michelle's fabulous blog Caffeine and Stamps to leave her some love.

Quick Reminder -- current challenges can be found here.

Thanks for coming by!!

No comments: